Friday, September 19, 2008

SHIRDI SAIBABA ……I HEAR YOU’RE FOOTSTEPS ALL THE WHILE…..


“The Divine glory of Shirdi Saibaba” a book by Chakor Ajgoankar (edited by P.S.Ruhela.) is quite poetic, devotional, emotional as well a very powerful book on Shirdi SaiBaba …some more to ponder…..

Baba’s devotee Radhakrishna Ayi was a stream of devotion. A widowed charming lady dedicated her life and soul to serve and spread the glory of SaiBaba and settled down in shirdi. Daily she cleaned Shirdi streets, looked after the Mosque and organized devotees for constructive service of Baba. The splendor and glory of Baba and Shirdi rose to a unique height through the loyalty, resourcefulness and practical insight of Radha Krishna Ayi. Though Baba never allowed her to climb the steps of Dwarakmai Yet the tacit silent devotion of the lady made her an arta bhakta, a stream of devotion curling round the Master’s feet. She often sang, robbed and laughed in devotion.

“I hear your footsteps my sai. I hear your footstep. I listen to your steps with intent ear. I have lost birth after birth in the expectation that ultimately your feet will approach me. I listen to your footsteps.

O Shri hari, you walk on that ceaseless path with your footstep echoing in my ears. The ages come and pass away. I thirst for your sight. I cherish sweet dreams of your union. I hear your footsteps I hope in vain that you will grace my doorsteps and observe nightlong vigil in expectancy.

I hear the sound of your steps. I am sure in my heart that I belong to you. From birth to birth, I am only yours Even though I have not seen you; I recognize your footsteps sounding nearer and nearer.

One day the long separation will at last end and the golden morning will dawn. The sound of your feet assures me that you will finally unite with me.”

---- Chakor Ajgaonkar

No comments: